Scholarships are available from the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) for students pursuing health-related studies. The $1,500 scholarships are available to both Australian and international students. Primary care, community care, psychiatric hospitals, and mental health are all eligible courses. The deadline for applications is October 10, 2022.
Mental Health Nursing, Allied Health, and Psychology Scholarships
Application Deadline: 10 October 2022
- Organization: Australian College of Nursing
- Department: Health
- Course level: Short courses, Conferences, Workshops
- Award amount: $1,500
- Number of awards: several
- Eligible countries: Australia
- Subjects: Psychology
- Eligible courses: Primary care, Community care, Psychiatric hospitals, Mental health
- Eligibility: International Students and Australian Students
The CPD Scholarship Program offers up to $1,500 in funding to mental health professionals who wish to attend a short course, conference, or workshop in 2023. The program is intended to improve the quality of care provided to patients with mental illnesses, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants will be given 5% of the available scholarships.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, an applicant must be:
- An Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Are a qualified allied health professional (including psychology), who is either registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or eligible to register with their professional body
- Works in the mental health sector which includes primary care, community care, psychiatric hospitals, mental health units, and aged care services
- Undertaking a course that commences or is continuing in 2023 at the following level:
Short courses, Conferences, Workshops.
All courses must be relevant to the applicant’s work in the mental health sector and enhance expertise in mental health and suicide prevention.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete the online application form to be considered for the scholarship. The form can be found on the scholarship organization’s website. Once completed, the form must be submitted along with any required documentation. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal essay may be required as documentation.
Scholarships from the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) for students pursuing health-related studies.