Study Abroad: British Council GREAT Scholarship in Justice and Law for Nigerian Students 2023; Are you a law student hoping to build a successful legal career? One Nigerian passport bearer wishing to apply for the Kent LLM, located at the Canterbury campus, will be awarded a £10,000 scholarship from the University of Kent.
The Ministry of Justice and the University of Kent collaborate with the Study UK campaign to deliver the curriculum. The program’s goal is to highlight the UK’s lengthy and fascinating legal history as the new, limited-time offer.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2023, 23:59 BST
Study Abroad: British Council GREAT Scholarship in Justice and Law for Nigerian Students 2023
- University or Organization: University of Kent
- Department: Justice and Law
- Course Level: LLM
- Award: £10,000 for one year of tuition fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Nigerian
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for LLM study in Justice and Law offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria and be assessed as an overseas fee payer;
- Applicants must have received a conditional offer for a place on the Kent LLM, based at the Canterbury campus, and have accepted this before the deadline date of April 28, 2023;
- Be active in the field with work experience or proven interest in the subject area;
- Be willing to embody the UK Higher Education experience by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK Higher Education by promoting the value of studying at a UK HEI;
- Be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar through personal and academic fulfillment;
- Represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships; and
- Be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for the British Council GREAT scholarship for Justice and Law should be made via an applicant portal. Applicants will only be able to apply for this scholarship once they have received an offer for their LLM program from the University of Kent.
- Supporting Documents: To be considered for this award, applicants will need to submit the following:
- An essay of no more than 500 words about a previously studied topic and why you found it interesting. This topic should be related to or have inspired you to apply for your chosen degree program.
- Admission Requirements: At Kent, they consider all applications on their merit and welcome students from Nigeria with a wide variety of qualifications and experience.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the minimum English language entry requirements to prove their written, and spoken English is at the required level for postgraduate study.
In order to help Nigerian students enroll in LLM programs and launch a distinguished legal career, the University of Kent will offer scholarships. The scholarship will cover one year’s worth of tuition costs.