Study Abroad: Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick International Scholarship in UK 2023; The Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick International Scholarship will be given by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine for the 2023–2024 academic year.
Elsie and Daphne Kirkpatrick donated the money for the scholarship in honor of their late father, Lieutenant Colonel Henry Kirkpatrick. Only overseas students pursuing an MSc in Public Health for Eye Care will be given the scholarship. This scholarship will be given to one student and will cover things like living expenses and tuition.
Application Deadline: The applications will close at 23:59 (BST) on Sunday, 16th April 2023.
- University or Organization: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible Countries: Foreign national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: MSc Public Health for Eye Care programme taught at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must hold an LSHTM offer of admission for the MSc Public Health for Eye Care course.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to submit their admission applications on the LSHTM applicant portal. Interested students must complete a scholarship application to be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Full contact details
- Qualification details
- Employment details
- Copy of passport (photo page) or EU National ID card
- Referees’ details (full names and email addresses)
- Personal statement
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates / relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a first degree at Second Class Honours (2:2) standard in a relevant discipline, a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study, or relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours (2:2) degree or above.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5 to 7.0
- PTE – 59 to 80
The studentship awardee will be provided the following benefits by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine:
- Full tuition fees for MSc Public Health for Eye Care at the overseas fee rate
- GBP 19,500.00 tax-free stipend towards living costs, flights, and visa costs (including the international health surcharge)
- GBP 1,500.00 towards MSc project costs
- GBP 1,100.00 upon successful completion of the course to be used towards attendance at the Alumni Workshop during the week of the graduation ceremony.