E-learning has become one of the fastest-moving trends in education and poses a promising alternative to traditional learning.Studies have shown that people learn considerably better from a combination of both words and images (which technology enables) than merely from words alone for Technology helps students become independent, proficient member and researchers.
To help institutions connfidently make the decision to embrace mobile technology in the classroom, here are some reasons why it will benefit students;
“Some Reasons Today’s Students NEED Technology in the Classroom”
1) Integrating technology in education helps students stay engaged. Most students today have been using mobile devices like tablets and smartphones to play and learn since they could crawl. So it only seems logical to align today’s classrooms with the way that your students want and are used to learning.
2) When mobile technology is readily available and performing correctly in the classroom, students are able to access the most up-to-date information quicker and easier than ever before.
3) Combining new tech like VR (virtual reality) with traditional classroom instruction is one example of how the introduction of new technology can enhance the learning experience and create new opportunities.
4) The traditional passive learning model is broken. With technology in the classroom the teacher becomes the encourager, adviser, and coach.
5) Using technology in the classroom gives teachers and other faculty members the opportunity to develop their student’s digital citizenship skills. It’s one thing to use mobile devices, it’s a completely other thing to know how to use them correctly and responsibly.
6) Technology transforms the learning experience. Students have access to an incredible amount of new opportunities. From learning how to code to learning how to better collaborate across teams and with their instructors–technology empowers students to be more creative and be more connected. New tech has super-charged how we learn today making it possible to learn anywhere you are and every where you go.
At this point in time, it would be a disaster if the educational sector refuses to embrace the importance and power of technology as it has the capacity to improve the quality of Education and move the educational sector to the future.
Written By – Isaac Adedeji