University of Essex Africa Scholarships Programme in the UK 2022; The University of Essex is pleased to announce the Africa Scholarships Programme for the academic year 2022/2023. Self-funding African applicants are eligible for scholarships to pursue postgraduate studies.
Applicants will receive up to £4,000 as a tuition fee reduction. The scholarship’s goal is to enable and encourage academically capable students of any nationality.
The University of Essex is a public research university in Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1963 and granted a Royal Charter in 1965. The award is pro rata and available to full-time students as well as part-time and modular students.
Application Deadline: 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start)
- Course Level: Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters Courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in any of the courses offered by the university.
- Awards: £4,500
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: African students
- Scholarship can be taken in UK
- Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher master’ grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower bachelor’s grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters’s courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA, and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters’s study only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- How to Apply: To apply for this education award, aspirants must be enrolled in undergraduate degree coursework at the university. After being registered, claimants will automatically be considered for this award.
- Supporting Documents: You must have to attach the personal statement, letter of motivation, and curriculum vitae.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted to the undergraduate degree, seekers are required to hold their high school degree certificates and all the academic qualifications certificates.
- Language Requirement: For gaining the advantage of this bursary, entrants are required to have a good level of English language to study
If applicants are international students from an African country who are self-funding their postgraduate studies, they may be eligible for a £4,500 scholarship paid as a tuition fee discount.
University of Essex Africa Scholarships Programme in the UK 2022