University of Giessen Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in Germany; The University of Giessen invites doctoral students who want to do research in a top-notch setting to apply for one of its doctoral scholarships. The scholarship program is set up for the 2023–2024 school year.
Students from the nations mentioned by DAAD who have been identified as international applicants may submit an application. They must be residents of the aforementioned foreign countries.
This application will be considered for up to six students enrolled in the University of Giessen’s one-year PhD study program. The monthly grant amount is €1,468.00.
Application Deadline: The application deadline for the first stage of application is 1st February 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Giessen
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: €1,468.00
- Number of Awards: 6
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for a Ph.D. degree program at the University of Giessen.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be residents of one of the listed by DAAD.
- The applicants must have graduated with excellent marks.
- The applicants must propose a research project of outstanding academic quality which contributes substantially to one or more of the university research areas.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for Ph.D. admission at the University of Giessen must be made online. The applicants must register on the application portal to apply for the opportunity.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a motivation letter
- a short abstract of your research project
- a current curriculum vitae;
- two letters of recommendation from university professors
- copies of school and university certificates
- a dissertation project proposal
- a detailed schedule
- a digital copy of M.A.-thesis
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have completed their Master‡s degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must be fluent in English or German. Knowledge of both languages is an advantage and should be acquired during the membership/scholarship period. German language skills up to level B1 are required.
The University of Giessen will award the successfully selected candidates a aid amount of €1,468.00 per month for up to a maximum of two years of study. Additionally, parents will also receive a child allowance.