University of Surrey’s International Excellence Postgraduate Award; For the academic year 2023–2024, the University of Surrey is accepting applications for the International Excellence Postgraduate Award. By registering for a master’s program right away, you will be automatically evaluated for a global excellence award.
This esteemed award, which honors academic performance, will be given to a select group of overseas students enrolled full-time in a master’s program at the University of Surrey beginning in September 2023.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2023. Applications are reviewed monthly starting in January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Surrey
- Department: All
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: A £5,000 fee waiver
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The awards can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The International Excellence Award will be awarded for Postgraduate studies in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must be self-funded international fee-paying students regardless of nationality or domicile.
- Be an overseas fee-paying student
- Hold an offer to study a full-time master’s program (excluding MBA)
- Be self-funded (you must be paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship)
- This Scholarship is not open to students from Surrey International Study Centre (SISC)
- Applicants in receipt of the International Excellence Award will not be eligible for the alumni discount as the value of this award is higher.
How to Apply
Students must have an offer from the university to complete the application form.
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to take admission for a full-time postgraduate course at the university starting in September 2023 and February 2024.
- Supporting Documents: Required documents include (scanned color copies of any relevant documentation):
- Bachelor’s degree or previous study certificate. Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications with official English translations (certificates and transcripts)
- Evidence of your English language level, if you are from a country where English isn’t the first language
- A copy of your passport, if you need a visa to study here
- A personal statement: On the application form, applicants are required to write a 400-word statement on why they should receive this award.
- A research proposal
- Admission Requirements:
- Language Requirement: Students will need a good standard of English language to benefit from a postgraduate course at the University of Surrey. English language requirements if English isn’t your first language.
The University of Surrey will provide a £5,000 fee waiver to selected students to start a full-time master’s degree course in September 2023 and February 2024.