WAEC GCE registration (2nd series) closes on 27th Aug; West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates 2023 – Second Series: Registration Details and Important Instructions
We would like to notify the general public and prospective candidates that registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates, 2023 – Second Series, is now open. Here are the essential details and guidelines to ensure a successful registration process:
WAEC GCE registration (2nd series) closes on 11th Aug
- Start Date: Monday, July 10th, 2023
- End Date: Friday, August 27th, 2023
- Registration costs N18,000 (Eighteen Thousand Naira only)
Sales of Registration Pins:
- Sales of registration pins will cease on Friday, August 11th, 2023
Submission Deadline for Entries:
- All entries must be uploaded on or before Sunday, August 13th, 2023
- The registration process is entirely online.
- After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should visit www.waeconline.org.ng for the registration process.
- Biometric features will be integrated into the registration process for validation at examination centers.
- WAEC Past Questions and solutions, both objective and theory, are available online, eliminating the need to carry physical past question books.
Mode of Payment:
- Pay the registration fee of N18,000 at designated branches of the listed banks or accredited agents.
- Additional commission of N500 will be paid to the banks/agents.
Alternative Payment Channels:
- Explore the provided cashless payment options for registration tokens, using credit/debit cards.
- Late registration (“Walk-in Candidates”) is possible if registration is completed no later than 24 hours before the scheduled paper.
- The fee for Walk-in Candidates is N30,500 (Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only).
Candidates with Special Needs:
- Candidates with special needs should register online and clearly state their impairments (e.g., Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard of hearing, etc.).
Where to Register:
- Accredited banks, cyber cafes, WAEC offices, and designated “WAEC REGISTRATION POINTS” can be visited for PIN purchase and registration.
Completion of Registration:
- Registration must be finalized within two weeks of the first access to the website during the registration period.
- Verify that personal information, including name, gender, passport photo, date of birth, and subjects, is accurate.
- Print the Admission Notice as evidence of successful registration, serving as identification during the examination.
- The Admission Notice will also include the Result Checker PIN.
- The acceptable fingerprint scanner is the UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
We advise candidates to:
- Review the Information VCD before registration.
- Take note that the registration fee is non-refundable.
- Continuously check the website for the examination timetable.
- Use digital cameras to capture passport photos adhering to specified criteria.
- Study the Regulations and Syllabuses, downloadable from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
- Adhere to COVID-19 regulations during the examination.
For comprehensive details, please visit www.waecnigeria.org
Your adherence to these instructions ensures a smooth and successful registration process for the 2023 GCE.
PATRICK E. AREGHAN
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE