INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION 2022
SUBJECT: CRS PAPER I: HISTORY AND RELIGION OF ISREAL FROM INSTITUTION OF THE MONARCHY TO THE FALL OF JUDAH 586 B.C.
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (3 HRS)
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer ONE (1) question from Section A and THREE (3) questions from Section B. You will answer FOUR (4) questions in all.
SECTION A: BACKGROUND TO THE OLD TESTAMENT
Answer ONE (1) question from this Section.
1. Advance literary argument for Mosaic authorship of the Pentateuch
2. Define Apocryphal and list at least five apocryphal books.
SECTION B: HISTORY AND RELIGION OF ISRAEL
Answer THREE (3) questions from this Section.
5. Advance reasons why God rejected Israel’s demand for a king
4. Examine the lessons to be learnt from the behaviour and judgments of the sons of Eli.
5. Explain the lessons that can be learnt from Solomon’s marriage to many wives.
6. Discuss the unconditional love Hosea showed to his wife.
7. Examine God’s charges against Judah according to Prophet Isaiah.