INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION 2022
SUBJECT: CRS PAPER II: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (3 HRS)
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer ONE (1) question from Section A and THREE (3) questions from Section B. You will answer FOUR (4) questions in all.
SECTION A: BACKGROUND TO THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer ONE (1) question from this Section.
1. The term “Priority of Mark” is based on observations from the synoptic Gospels”. Support this claims.
2. Outline the characteristics of the Gospel according to Saint Matthew.
SECTION B: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer THREE (3) questions from this Section.
2. With specific examples from the Gospel according to Saint Luke, show the prominence of prayer in Gospel.
4. “You shall not murder and whoever murders shall be in danger f judgment”. Explain how Jesus interpreted the above statement.
5. Explain the feeding of the four thousand (4,000) people as found in the Gospel according to Mark.
6. Summarize and give the significance of the parable of the prodigal son as given in the Gospel of St. Luke.7. Point out similarities n differences between Matthew and Mark’s accounts of the ‘Great Commission.