INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION 2015
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES PAPER II: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS (3 HRS)
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer ONE (1) question from Section A and THREE (3) questions from Section B. You will answer FOUR (4) questions in all.
SECTION A: BACKGROUND OF THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer ONE (1) question from this Section.
1. What factors necessitated the need for a written Gospel?
2. With close reference to the Gospel According to Luke, point out its destination.
SECTION B: THE SYNOPTIC GOSPELS
Answer THREE (3) questions from this Section.
3. “…I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel” Explain the circumstances surrounding this declaration by Jesus.
4. What issues do Matthew and Luke have in common in the Sermon on the Mount?
5. In Jesus’ parables of judgment, what did He say about sheep and goats?
6. Describe the Gethsemane experience of Jesus up to His arrest as found in Mark.
7. Describe the last supper celebration by Jesus and His disciples up to the point of going to the mount of Olives as recorded by Matthew.