Scholarship for General Studies at the University of Melbourne; The University of Melbourne offers a Diploma in General Studies to Australian students. This course is intended to give students the skills and knowledge they need to pursue a career in agriculture, animal studies, food science, or veterinary science.
The scholarship is worth $5,000, and there are five scholarships available. To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident and enrolled in The University of Melbourne’s Diploma in General Studies.
Mobility Awards for International Students in Australia University of Melbourne 2022
Application Deadline: March 08, 2023
- Organization: The University of Melbourne
- Department: NA
- Course level: Diploma in General Studies
- Award amount: $5,000
- Number of awards: 5
- Eligible countries: Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Subject: Agriculture, Animal Studies, Food Science, and Veterinary Science
- Eligible courses: Diploma in General Studies at The University of Melbourne
- Eligibility: Australian / Domestic Student
The General Studies Scholarship is designed to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds transition to university. The scholarship can cover costs associated with starting universities, such as Student Services and Amenities Fees, books, discipline-specific equipment, and technological devices. This scholarship provides financial assistance to help make a university more accessible and affordable for students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- Meet the criteria for entry to the Diploma in General Studies
- Enroll full-time in your course unless documentary evidence for reasons why you cannot enroll full-time is provided; and
- Remain enrolled in the DIGS until after the census date in each semester.
Selection Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Demonstrate financial need; or
- Meet the rural student criteria; or
- Be an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander
Preference is given to students from the Hume region.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the instructions at
You will need to provide evidence of your financial need and academic achievement and a personal statement outlining your goals and how you intend to use the scholarship. Please submit your application by the deadline listed on the website.
Scholarship for General Studies at the University of Melbourne