Study Abroad: University of Houston-Victoria International Student Merit Scholarships in USA 2023; Students are invited to submit applications and compete for the international student merit scholarships at the University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas.
An international merit scholarship is open to all undergraduate and graduate students who have been accepted to UHV at the time of application. The scholarship’s purpose is to aid financially international students.
Application Deadline: June 15th and November 15th, each year
- University or Organization: University of Houston-Victoria
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Award: $3000-$10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who have a demonstrated record of academic achievement and admitted to UHV are eligible to apply. At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- The admitted student to UHV
- At the time of the award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the scholarship only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the scholarship opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic and immigration status
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply, firstly applicants need to submit the online UHV General Scholarship Application. Second, submit International Student Merit Scholarship Application.
- Supporting Documents: Freshmen students must submit the following documents: Test scores (SAT or ACT and TSI Assessment), Home-school transcript
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted to UHV, the student must meet at least two out of three of the following requirements: Be ranked in the top 50 percent of their graduating class, Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale), Meet or exceed scores of 940 (SAT) or 18 (ACT).
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The award can reduce the total cost of attendance between $3000-$10,000 (two semesters), if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.