What Is IJMB About? (Full Details); Before making a deliberate choice to either enroll in the IJMB program or give JAMB another shot, students who need comprehensive information on the IJMB program might use this site as a guide.
Recommended; See Other IJMB Past Questions Here
What Is IJMB About? (Full Details) Overview
Interim Joint Matriculation Board is referred to as IJMB. It is an Advanced Level program that some institutions in Nigeria run in collaboration with the IJMB board to give students direct access to the university’s 200 level without them having to take the JAMB or UTME.
Related; 5 Things Every Admission Seeker Needs To Know About IJMB – 200 Level Admission Without JAMB
It is a one-year program that includes topics pertinent to the academic path the student wants to take in college. The program consists of lectures, practicals, and tutorials, and students take an exam at the conclusion. After that, successful students receive a certificate that they can use to gain straight admittance into the university’s 200 level.
Why You Should Enroll For IJMB – Few Advantages
There are several reasons why students may choose to enroll in the IJMB program:
- IJMB offers a mechanism for students to get direct access to the institution without having to write JAMB or UTME, serving as a substitute for both exams.
- High chances of gaining admission: With IJMB, students have a higher chance of gaining admission into the university because the program is run in partnership with the universities.
- Flexibility: IJMB provides flexibility in terms of the subjects offered and the universities that accept the program.
- It is a one-year program: IJMB is a one-year program, shorter than the traditional path of taking JAMB and UTME.
- It aids in laying a solid basis because the IJMB program covers topics related to the course of study the student plans to follow at the university. This aids in giving the student a solid foundation in their field of study.
6. It’s a good option for students who didn’t perform well in their O’level exams.
It’s vital to remember that the availability of the IJMB program and eligibility for enrollment rely on the policies of the different colleges.
4 Easy Ways To Gain Admission With IJMB (Admission Without JAMB)
Key Takeaway Points About IJMB
- IJMB stands for Interim Joint Matriculation Board and is an Advanced Level program run by some Nigerian universities.
- It provides an alternative way for students to gain direct entry into the university without having to write JAMB or UTME.
- IJMB is a one-year program that covers subjects related to the course of study the student wishes to pursue at the university.
- The program includes lectures, practicals, and tutorials and at the end of the program, students sit for an examination.
- Successful students are given a certificate which they can use to gain direct entry into 200 level of the university.
- IJMB provides flexibility in terms of the subjects offered and the universities that accept the program.
- It helps to build a strong foundation for students in their area of study.
- IJMB is a good option for students who didn’t perform well in their O’level exams
- Enrollment in IJMB program depends on the policies of individual universities and it may not be available in all Nigerian universities.