We are open to visit
Student Village Academy › Forums › CAREERS AND JOBS › How To Answer The Question ”Tell Us About Yourself”
Tagged: career, Careers, interview, Jobs
📌 Here’s how to prepare a great answer:
1. Current Role Headline
3. Career Summary
4. Current Role Details
5. Outside of Work
6. Wrap Up
Prepare based on the job description:
– Relevant skills
– Relevant experience
– Significant achievements
– How you’re a good fit
Make sure to include these points in your pitch.
A headline about you and your current role.
– “I am a software engineer at CompanyX, where I’ve been developing distributed systems for the past X years.”
– “I am a self-taught web developer, currently looking for an entry-level opportunity.”
A sentence about your background in programming.
– “My background is in CS. I completed my bachelor’s degree at X and spent summers freelancing.”
– “I learned X from Y and Z and have actively contributed to various open source projects.”
Briefly describe your experience and the most significant achievements.
Communicate only the most relevant information based on the job description.
What are you working on, the tech stack, what are you responsible for, etc.
You can talk about your Open Source contributions or the project you’ve built if you are looking for your first job.
Hackathons, dev communities, open source, freelancing, etc.
Mention anything that can show your passion for coding.
Finally, you can tell what you are looking for and what excites you about CompanyX and the role.
Speak clearly and with confidence!
– Highlight the most relevant skills & experience
– Include shows of success
– Show passion for technology
– Give your listener something to connect with
No more mumbling. Be ready for this question!
© 2022 All rights reserved
PROUDLY DESIGNED & MAINTAINED BY ECGD TECHNOLOGY