- This topic is empty.
October 12, 2022 at 2:21 PM #42098Student VillageKeymaster
On Thursday, ASUU will hold a special meeting to discuss the suspension of the strike.
ASUU, the Academic Staff Union of Universities, will hold an urgent meeting to talk about the strike’s suspension.
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will meet in an emergency session to discuss recent developments, particularly the federal government’s accommodating response to its demands.
The union has asked its zonal branches to collect member opinions through voting during the meetings scheduled for tomorrow in its various zones across the nation in order to prepare for the meeting at its headquarters in Abuja.
The strike would end by late Thursday or early Friday morning, depending on the outcome of the meeting.
This followed a social media post earlier on Tuesday informing users that the union had ended the nearly 8-month strike and urging members to start their academic activities again on October 17.
ASUU President Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke refuted the claim in response to a question, claiming that the strike has not yet been called off.
However, he did say that the union was trying to get the strike suspended and that the suspension would depend on what members thought at zonal meetings.
Following the intervention of Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker of the House of Representatives, the lecturers union took its most recent action.
The Speaker claimed his conversation with President Muhammadu Buhari about the union’s action had been productive when he told the ASUU president and other members on Monday that the strike would be called off shortly.
ASUU counsel Femi Falana, SAN, previously asserted that the union would soon call off its nearly eight-month strike.
Latest Posts From The Forum
- 7 beauty tips for busy students
- First batch HND admission lists for Federal Polytechnic Bida for the academic year 2022–2023 have been made public.
- Admission List for the 2022–2023 Academic Session at the Kogi State College of Nursing and Midwifery, Obangede (KGNCNMOBANGEDE) | Batch A & B
- Update on the Post-UTME screening process from LAUTECH for 2022–2023
- Police seize 87 phones after apprehending armed robbers who attacked KWASU students.
- UDUS affiliated program screening exercise announced by FCE Zaria for 2022–2023
- UK Universities That Offer Instalmental Payments For International Students
- How To Lose Belly Fat Naturally
- 10 YouTube channels will teach you more this year than 4 years of college
- How To Get Study Abroad Letter Of Recommendation Templates
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.